As part of a new series on College Sport Media, below are selected five Photos of the Week, highlighting some of the terrific secondary school sporting events and achievements over the past seven days.
Want to contribute to College Sport Media’s Photos of the Week from now on? We’d love to hear from you and publish your photos. Drop us a message on https://www.facebook.com/collegesportmedia or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Note: If photos are not taken or by you we need to know their source so we can credit the photographer that took them or where they were first posted
1. Southland Boys’ High School hooker and captain Flynn Thomas has a fair shiner – but it doesn’t matter as he has just helped his team to a 32-19 win over Otago Boys’ High School in their annual traditional fixture, last Wednesday. Southland Boys' had not beaten Otago Boys' since 2008. Photo credit: Dianne Manson, www.southlandtimes.co.nz
2. Flashback. Steven Adams playing for Scots College against Mana College in 2011. Adams and his NBA side the Oklahoma City Thunder are locked in a hard-fought playoff series with the Golden State Warriors and the series is going into a seventh and deciding match this week. The winner is going to the NBA Finals. Photo credit: www.chainsawphotos.co.nz
3. A Nelson College runner lies exhausted at the finish line after last week’s Tasman Secondary Schools Cross Country Championships - held in heavy rain and very wet underfoot conditions. Winners were: Year 9 Girls Eloise Beattie (NCOG); Year 9 Boys Jack Danielsen-Watts (WMEA); Junior Girls Hunta Sutherland (NCOG); Junior Boys Ben Allen (NELC); Senior Girls Bridie Edwards (WMEA); Senior Boys Jared Lautenslager (GARI). Photo credit Tasman Secondary Schools Sport Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TSSSport/?fref=photo
4. Mount Albert Grammar School has made a hot start to the Auckland 1A First XV competition. MAGS beat Auckland Grammar School 50-0 on Saturday. In four matches they have scored 178 points and conceded 18. Their next match is against winless Dilworth School. Photo credit: https://www.facebook.com/Mount-Albert-Grammar-School-134491383250450/?fref=ts via www.Photosport.co.nz
5. Rising girls Rugby players, left Ayesha Leti’liga (Porirua College) and right Monica Tagoai (St Mary’s College) and their New Zealand 2 team, AKA the Ninjas, went unbeaten in the New Zealand Women’s Sevens Series over the weekend just gone. The tournament also featured several other rising secondary school players and also teams representing Samoa and the Cook Islands. Photo credit Wellington Pride Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/wtgnpride/?fref=nf
College Sport Media is dedicated to telling the story of successful young sportspeople in New Zealand