Below are selected five Photos of the Week, highlighting some of the terrific secondary school sporting events and achievements over the past seven days.
Want to contribute to College Sport Media’s Photos of the Week? We’d love to hear from you and publish your photos. Drop us a message on https://www.facebook.com/collegesportmedia or email us at email@example.com Note: If photos are not taken or by you we need to know their source so we can credit the photographer that took them or where they were first posted
1. Sam Waardenburg (Rangitoto College) and Quinn Clinton (Christchurch BHS) receiving prestigious awards at the NBA Basketball Without Borders Asia camp in Australia last week. Clinton took home the All-Star Game MVP, while Waardenburg claimed MVP of the whole camp. Both will be heading to Division One colleges in the US in 2017. Waardenburg was a National champion at Rangitoto College last season and his team are currently second in the Auckland competition with a 7-1 record. Clinton played for the Canterbury Rams in the NBL Photo credit: https://www.facebook.com/TheNBL/?fref=ts
2. Local Premier Youth Grade football rivalry in Upper Hutt north of Wellington resumed on Saturday, between the St Pat’s Silverstream and Hutt International Boys’ School First XIs, resulting in a much-needed 1-0 victory for HIBS. HIBS are mid-table but Silverstream are anchored to the bottom of the Trevor Rigby Cup table after three rounds. Photo credit: https://www.facebook.com/chainsawphotos/?fref=ts
3. Last week St Hilda's College won the OSSSA Girls U15 Rugby Competition, beating Columba College 25-15 under lights. Photo credit: https://www.facebook.com/osssa.org.nz/
4. Perry Karati (left) joined captain Cam Russell (Read More about Cam Here ) in reaching the milestone of 50 caps for the Burnside High School First XV on Saturday. Mid-table Burnside missed out 12-15 to Waimea Combined on Saturday and play Timaru BHS in their next match. Photo credit: Natalie Jamieson / https://www.facebook.com/UC-Championship-UC-Cup-1570509296559769/?fref=photo
5. The Westlake Boys’ High School’s Premier Squash team won the College Sport Auckland Championship last week, beating Auckland Grammar School in the final to be crowned champions for the third year in a row. Photo credit: https://www.facebook.com/WBHSSPORT/?fref=nf
College Sport Media is dedicated to telling the story of successful young sportspeople in New Zealand